Monday, April 9, 2007

Mixing Art With Fashion



I am very into art and fashion, and I always wanted to mix art with fashion,


so I started fabric painting. using fabric paints (fabric paint can be found at any craft store) to paint art onto clothes such as:


hand painted jeans, handbags, shoes, hair accessories,


caps, belts etc.... I sometimes use a bedazzler to give it a little dazzle with rhinestones and gems. I am now looking into making custom made t-shirts with personalized messages, logos etc.... I have done this before to test out my skills, they came out very impressive and they last longer than I thought they would. People keep telling me that I should to do it for a living and you know, that is music to my ears. I used t-shirts, t-shirt transfers a printer and a heavy duty iron, for those of you that don't know how this is done print your graphic, logo or whatever you want from your printer onto the t-shirt transfer and just iron it on the t-shirt. (If your intentions is possibly making profit from making t-shirts you will need a more reliable heating device such as a heat press or some other machine they might use to put graphics or text on t-shirts). They are great for advertisement, family reunions, daycare etc... I still need much more practice and knowledge but I'm learning more everyday. If anyone else is interested in this kind of art feel free to share your work or knowledge.


No comments:

 
Google